We have recently been enjoying utilising our latest Colchester CNC lathe – the newest addition to our CNC large turning section here at Hone All Precision. The Colchester Lathe Company, based in Heckmondwike in West Yorkshire, is one of the world’s leading producers of CNC lathes and supporting equipment.
Supplied by R K International, whose exceptional support and service is invaluable to us here, the additional machine has increased our capacity to help deal with the increase in orders due to the upturn in the Oil & Gas sector.
Our new acquisition is a 2m flatbed lathe from the Colchester Centre Lathe series. We selected it for its ease-of-use, simplistic programming and efficiency, and the opportunities it offers for a range of specialist modular upgrades. For performance and accuracy, Colchester lathes are hard to match. Our new lathe is also one of the fastest machines we have had the pleasure to work with, increasing our work capacity and allowing us to reduce lead times on many client projects.
Key Features Of The 6000/120 Centre Lathe Include:
- Swing over bed - 800mm
- Swing in gap - 870mm
- Swing over cross slide - 520mm
- Distance between centres - 2000mm
- X axis cross slide travel - 400mm
- Spindle centre height from bed - 395mm
- Spindle centre height from floor - 1200mm
- Spindle nose (Camlock) - D1-11
- Spindle bore - 120mm
- Spindle front bearing inner diameter - 156mm
- Spindle motor - 22/26kW
- Spindle speeds (programmable) - 15-1500rpm
- X /Z axis rapid traverse rate guards open - 3000/4000mm/min
- X/ Z axis rapid traverse rate guards closed - 3000/10000mm/min
- X axis ballscrew, diameter x pitch - 25 x 5mm
- Z axis ballscrew, diameter x pitch - 50 x 10mm
- Tailstock quill taper - No. 6 MT
- Tailstock quill diameter and travel - 120/210mm
- Cross slide width - 280mm
- Bedway width - 550mm
- Turning tool section - 32 x 32mm
- Approximate nett weight - 6000kg
CNC Honing, Deep Hole Boring & Drilling Services From Hone All
At Hone All Precision we offer a wide range of CNC machining services to clients across the UK. We use the latest inspection and turning technology to achieve long lasting and repeatable results with every project. Our latest investment is part of our ongoing commitment to provide the highest standards of customer service and product delivery in the wide variety of sectors we currently serve. To find out more, please get in touch by phone on 0845 5555 111.
Our free e-book: The Guide To Deep Hole Drilling, Boring & Honing Costs also contains useful information about our capabilities and services. Download a copy today by clicking here.