Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience
The company has an excellent reputation for honesty, flexibility, communication and continual investment and improvement in both skills and services. As an experienced Quality Engineering Manager from within a heavy industry company such as Automotive, Aerospace, Oil & Gas, you must have an in-depth Quality background and be able to lead, train and mentor other members within the organisation.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Daily management of the quality assurance system and quality team including, leading, motivating and managing performance.
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing process to ensure goods are produced to the highest quality requirements.
- Completion of internal and external audits.
- Ensure the provision of a rapid response to problems to quickly contain issues and generate solutions to ensure work is produced to the highest quality standard.
- Implementation of lean to improve quality and efficiency and reduce waste providing an enhanced customer service and lower costs.
- Must have an in depth understanding of Supplier Quality processes including 5Y’s and/or 8D.
- Processing, investigation and analysis of NCR’s with effective CAPA.
- Managing and improving the quality of products and processes within the company coupled with the guidance and support of Hone-All’s quality plan.
- Managing the entire quality process, identifying failures and liaising with management regarding continuous improvement leading to further development.
- Writing plans, reports and any in depth analysis and reporting to customers directly for improved quality compliance.
- You will need sound judgement and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to remain calm under pressure and make effective decisions.
- You will need the ability to build and maintain relationships at senior level in order to foster trust and generate the necessary environment for fast, team based resolution of problems.
- Dimensional Quality Inspection of components and recording of results
- Patrol Inspection
- Contract Review assistance and improvements
- Responsibility for the Calibration system, Inspection Room & Approved Supplier list.
- Offering engineering assistance and improvements alongside the Management Team and generally assisting the shop floor and management team in the smooth operation of the workshop
- Must have experience working to BS EN 9001:2008/9100:2009
- A hands-on, quality driven, positive and self-motivated approach is essential.
- A mechanical engineering background with an extensive knowledge of machining techniques and processes
- Experienced in using gauging and measurement equipment required for verification including Bore Micrometers (Bowers / Diatest) and Surface Finish testing
- They will have experience of working to BS EN 9001:2008/9100:2009
- Experience of using CMM equipment and be computer literate with Microsoft Office programs.
Package and Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable depending on skills and experience
- The position is full-time and permanent and an immediate start is available.
- Hours are Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
- Holidays are 20 days + 8 Bank Holidays + Bonus holiday over the Christmas Period
- Government Pension Scheme
- Company Health Care Scheme
- Excellent working conditions
- Free parking
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV to Lisa Mills of Hone-All Precision at [email protected] or call 01525 370666 for further information.